We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live a life to their fullest potential. This includes allowing the person to determine the life they want to live and supporting them to reach their goal. These supports include:
- Giving a person choices and control
- Inclusion in the community
- Making contributions to the community
- Working together with others in the community
- Having valued relationships with people in the community
- Quality staff that understand the best ways to help a person reach their goals.
We recognize that each person is a unique individual. We value the person’s dignity and respect their choices and their life story.
Things we strive for:
- People feeling welcomed and heard
- People having authority to plan and pursue their own vision for their lives
- Assessing a person in a fair and accurate way and discovering what they define as a quality life.
- All planning is person-centered
- We integrate natural supports and paid services
- Community resources are used
- The plan is responsive to changing priorities and needs of the person
- Services are tailored to achieve the desired outcome verses fitting the person into the program’s needs
- A workforce that is stable and qualified
- Services are provided in a culturally competent manner
- We want families to play a meaningful role in the development of services for their family member and the organization as a whole.
The only thing typical is our name.